In partnership with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Walnut Valley Water District is offering FREE Landscape Irrigation Surveys to customers with properties with irrigated landscapes larger than one acre. Surveys are personalized and custom made for your home and include specific recommendations for your property!
For questions or for more information, contact Donna DiLaura at email@example.com or (909) 348-8240.
How it Works
A certified landscape irrigation auditor will survey and provide written recommendations for qualifying residential and commercial properties within WVWD’s service area at no cost. To participate, properties must have a minimum of one acre of irrigated area. Eligible landscapes include residential and commercial properties, homeowner association common areas, and institutional sites like schools, parks and government facilities.
Surveys are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
To request a survey, please complete the online application. Funding is limited and submitting an application does not guarantee a survey will be provided.
What to Expect
The property owner, manager or authorized representative with access to the irrigation controllers must be present during the survey. The certified landscape auditor will conduct a comprehensive review of the irrigation system including:
- System pressure
- Site conditions and irrigation scheduling
- Issues that cause higher water use, such as valve malfunctions, high or low pressure, sprinkler misalignment, poor drainage, breaks and leaks and
Participants will receive a written report that includes:
- Data collected during the survey
- Recommendations for improving the site’s irrigation efficiency including system repairs, equipment updates, and irrigation scheduling
- Information about available financial incentives to help with the cost of recommended improvements