What is the High School Broadcast Media & Digital Art Virtual Contest?
The High School Broadcast Media & Digital Art Virtual Contest begins mid-January and is promoted to high schools located within the District. The District will accept “Broadcast Media” and “Digital Art” projects following the theme “Beat the Drought“.
Winners will receive $250, $200, $150, or $100!
How do I participate in the High School Broadcast Media & Digital Art Virtual Contest?
Students grades 9-12 are eligible to participate. Students enter the contest by creating their own media campaign following the District’s contest theme and guidelines.
All entries must be submitted online at wvwd.com/media-contest NO LATER THAN Friday, Monday April 4, 2022.
**If you are unable to submit your entry online, the following options are available to you:
- Mail the entry to the District (271 S Brea Canyon Rd., Walnut, CA 91789)
- Drop off at the District’s Administration Building (back building)
- Mailed and dropped off submissions must be on a USB drive and include the “Official Entry Form”
What are the Virtual Poster Art Contest Rules?
Submissions are accepted in two formats known as “Broadcast Media” and “Digital Media”:
“Digital Art” submissions are those developed to be displayed as static or dynamic graphical content.
- Entries must be original work
- Any art that is copied from another source will be disqualified
- Entries must be created on a computer, must be in color, and must be submitted at no less than 300 ppi/dpi and no more than 500 ppi/dpi in JPG or PDF format
- You may work from the scan of the original pencil sketch, but the final entry must be inked/colored in a digital imaging program such as Adobe Photoshop
- Entries MUST be accompanied by a scanned copy of your original sketch. This will prove that it is your work and not downloaded from someone else’s website
“Broadcast Media” submissions are those developed to facilitate the wireless distribution of audio and video content.
- Broadcast media must be between 25 – 58 seconds in length
- Entries that do not meet or exceed the time limit will be disqualified
- Use of copyright materials is allowed with express written permission by the copyright owner (Examples of copyright materials include music, video clips, and images)
- Written approval must be submitted with your entry
- Media video to be submitted in WAV format