- This event has passed.
Retrofitting Lawn Sprinklers for Waterwise Gardens Workshop (Virtual)
September 25, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
If you are removing a lawn and installing a waterwise garden, you will need to alter your irrigation system. If you don’t, those 4 inch tall lawn pop-up sprinklers or rotors will usually end up spraying directly into the side of the closest plant, resulting in some very wet areas and many very dry areas.
The good news is that if your buried irrigation pipes are in decent condition, you can usually save most of that system, and retrofit it by either installing new taller sprinklers on the same main pipe, or by capping off most of the sprinklers and using the buried pipe to distribute water to a new drip irrigation system built on the soil surface.
Learn how to do it by attending this workshop!
In this workshop we will cover:
• How to assess your current irrigation system and decide whether to retrofit it or install a completely new system
• How to choose between spray and drip irrigation based on your specific site and the plants you will be planting
• Changes to your valves, if necessary
• Deciding to change your timer (and timer replacement rebates and programs)
• Basics of designing spray and drip irrigation systems
• How to retrofit your lawn sprinkler system into a spray or drip system that will correctly irrigate and evenly distribute water to a waterwise landscape
• Figuring out how often and how long to water
This workshop will be hosted using free Zoom webinar software. Login information and instructions will be sent to you with your registration confirmation email.