Compost and Mulch for Waterwise Gardens – Online Workshop
July 31 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this Event
This workshop covers the often missed and very practical details of choosing and using mulch and creating and using compost at home in waterwise gardens. This information will help most gardeners be more successful!
We will cover:
• The differences between mulch and compost
• The many mulch options and choosing between them for your garden
• Properly applying mulch and compost
• Turning kitchen and garden “waste” into resources that become a staple for healthy gardening.
• Choosing the right composting containers and enclosures
• The easy “cool composting” method that is more practical for most backyard gardeners
• Identifying what you can use to compost (and what you shouldn’t)
• The many benefits of mulching and composting
• Composting with worms
• Finding FREE wood chip mulch
This workshop will be hosted using free Zoom webinar software. Login information and instructions will be sent to you with your registration confirmation email.
This workshop will be recorded for later public posting.